Like mutual funds, Segregated Funds are professionally managed and invested in a portfolio of securities. In fact, many segregated funds invest in brand-name mutual funds.
Unlike mutual funds, segregated funds are insurance contracts that offer additional benefits such as:
- A guarantee between 75% and 100% of your initial deposit at the time of your death.
- The greater of your investment value or guarantee will flow directly to your named beneficiaries, without having to pass through your estate, bypassing probate.
- A guarantee between 75% and 100% of your initial deposit if you hold on to the contract until maturity (usually 10 years from the date of your deposit).
- Many contracts offer you the ability to reset your guarantee locking in market gains.
- Potential Creditor Protection – when there is no reasonable expectation of bankruptcy at time of purchase and a “family class” beneficiary is named.
Think back to 2008; would you have slept better knowing your investment account would go back up to 75% or 100% of your initial deposit (or last policy reset) upon death or maturity date? You would never have needed to ask yourself if you should take your money out of the markets because you would have guarantees in place.
This can help you keep the money in the markets and not let your emotions cause you to make irrational decisions.
Contact us today to make it happen!